آکادمیا کافه
نامه نگاری به زبان انگلیسی - نسخه قابل چاپ

+- آکادمیا کافه (https://www.academiacafe.com/pf)
+-- انجمن: اطلاعات جانبی دریافت پذیرش (https://www.academiacafe.com/pf/Forum-%D8%A7%D8%B7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%A8%DB%8C-%D8%AF%D8%B1%DB%8C%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%AA-%D9%BE%D8%B0%DB%8C%D8%B1%D8%B4)
+--- انجمن: زبان‌های خارجی (https://www.academiacafe.com/pf/Forum-%D8%B2%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%86%E2%80%8C%D9%87%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D8%AE%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AC%DB%8C)
+---- انجمن: انگلیسی (https://www.academiacafe.com/pf/Forum-%D8%A7%D9%86%DA%AF%D9%84%DB%8C%D8%B3%DB%8C)
+---- موضوع: نامه نگاری به زبان انگلیسی (/Thread-%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%87-%D9%86%DA%AF%D8%A7%D8%B1%DB%8C-%D8%A8%D9%87-%D8%B2%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%86%DA%AF%D9%84%DB%8C%D8%B3%DB%8C)

صفحات 1 2

نامه نگاری به زبان انگلیسی - AVA - 24-01-2012

This topic tries to improve your letter writing skills.

RE: How to write a Letter - AVA - 24-01-2012

1- Identify the tone of the letter:
  • Who you are writing to
  • Somebody of equal status to yourself, like a friend?
  • an older or more important person?
  • somebody you know only through business
2- Identify the overall subjects of your letter:
  • a complaint?
  • praise?
  • a request for information?
  • an expression of needs or wants?
  • an expression of an opinion, likes or dislikes?
3- Identity the main point or points you want to make:
  • think of details to support the main point of the letter.
4- Relate the letter to any useful information.
5- Think of a suitable ending to the letter
6- Use appropriate domain words relevant to the subject of the letter.

RE: How to write a Letter - AVA - 24-01-2012

Plan the number of paragraph

Plan the number of paragraph before you begin, by noting the main points that you must include in your answer. The flowing model is suggested :
Paragraph 1- the situation ( why the writer is writing the letter)

Paragraph 2- the problem- details the writer's feelings)

paragraph 3- a short sentence summary

Yours sincerely

..................................................................................
Vital pieces of information should be combined in the first paragraph. It is possible to write a separate paragraph for each piece of information. However, it is some times a good idea to put main points in one paragraph in a short letter
A short summary sentence constitutes the third paragraph. Your final paragraph is usually shorter than the preceding paragraphs.

RE: How to write a Letter - AVA - 24-02-2012

Your letter must be organized into paragraphs in a clear step by step manner, with a logical connection between one idea and the next, one sentence and the next, one sentence and the next, and between one paragraph and the next .

One way to show this connection is to use a noun or pronoun to refer to the previous sentence(s), for example: My heating system is not working and I can not sleep.

Depending on the topic, it may be possible to organize your points into paragraphs that begin with words such as first, Secondly, finally.do not organize your writing into a numbered or bulleted list

Write a greeting

You will be told what to write in the greeting. For example, begin your letter as follows: Dear Sir/ Madam.

State your purpose for writing

Start writing on the next line after Dear Sir / Madam. Tell your reader why you are writing. For example: I am writing to complain about the heating system in my house

Use introduction " LEAD-IN" phrases

Obviously, it is wise to make a good start. All letter writers need to " lead-in" to what they wish to say. There are number of popular ways to start the first sentence of your introductory paragraph when writing a formal or semi-formal letter.Study the following sentences:

I am writing to you because ...
I am writing to let you know that
I am writing to advise you
I am writing in reply to your recent letter in which ( you told me something)I

I am anxious to obtain some information from you about ...
It is with regret that I write to you advising you
I regret to inform you that ( something negative)
I am sorry to let you know

Certainly, you should never begin the introductory paragraph of a formal or semi-formal letter with : " How are you ?". Although it is friendly, it is not appropriate to ask about the health of a person that you do not know very well.

RE: How to write a Letter - AVA - 26-02-2012

Give / request information
Give and / or request information that will support your purpose. If your purpose is to complain.

When you give information, use your imagination to add extra details. If you are having difficulty thinking of enough details, try to ask yourself " why" questions.

Request action

In this part of the letter, you are requesting action, that is, you want your reader to do something, such as answer your question

Close

Write on a new line. Depending on the situation, here is a concluding remark to close your letter.

Using " stock" or commonly used phrase , and a polite stock phrase is usually required in formal letter writing

USE FINAL " STOCK PHRASES "

A formal or semi-formal letter:

A formal or semi-formal letter usually end with a final remark.It often begin with a stock or commonly used phrase that is popular, appropriate and acceptable for this type of letters and gives precise information and respect which would more likely be found in a business letter.

Sometimes the final remark consists of a single phrase of this type. Other times the stock phrase will introduce a further concluding statement. The stock phrase may also come at the end o the final paragraph

Formal or semi-formal stock phrases

I look forward to your reply.
I look forward to hearing from you in the future.
I would be very grateful if you would attend to this matter as soon as possible.
I await you reply in anticipation.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
Let me know now.
Please advise me as soon as you can.
I want an urgent reply.
I would appreciate an urgent reply.
I look forward to seeing you / meeting you / your reply

An informal letter:
An informal letter indicates familiarity and friendliness which would more likely be found in a personal letter such as :

Thank you for your co-operation and I hope to hear from you shortly.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries about this matter.
I am sorry to have caused you any trouble and I trust that you will under stand the situation / matter.
Thank you for your attention / for your attention to this matter / for your kindness.

USE A " SIGN OFF " WORD OR PHRASE

Another important stock phrase in a letter is the final word or phrase you use before you sign your name.It is important to use the appropriate register. If the letter is to someone you do not know, the languages should be respectful, and a little formal. It should not include unnecessary words or phrase.

If you sign off with an informal word or phrase ( such as : Regards" ) it is not necessary to follow it with a comm. it is customary to use a comma only if you a sign off phrase beginning with " yours" ...

Some common sign of phrase appear below:

A formal or semi-formal letter:

Yours sincerely,
( use for business / information letters)
Yours faithfully,
Some people distinguish between sincerely and faithfully by using sincerely for persons when the name is known, and faithfully when the name is not known.

Regards
Regards is less formal, but very commonly used for business.

An informal letter:

Yours truly,
( Use for personal letters to friends in business)
Best wishes
(Use for personal letters to friends)
Love ( or lots of love)
( Use for family or close friends.

RE: How to write a Letter - AVA - 29-02-2012

Sample sentences and things you can do for different parts of letter

The introductory paragraph

Greet the addressee : Dear sir / Professor ...
Tell the addressee who you are : Dear Professor,
I am a student at your college, enrolled in the history class

Thank the addressee
( if he or she sent you a letter or done something else for you : Dear ... thank you for your .... or Dear) XXX , Thank you for your letter asking me about studying in Australia.

Explain your reason for writing: I am writing to advice you of the loss of my credit card. I would like to inquire about course details.

The closing paragraph

If you letter is making a request, Mention what the addressee will do: Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

If your letter is giving an apology: make a final apology: Once a gain, I am sorry for any in convenience caused.Please accept my apologies once more.

If your letter is making a complaint:mention what the addressee will do
: I expect to hear from you very soon. Please give this matter your immediate attention.

If your letter is giving information:
say you hope you have been hopeful : I hope this information will help you.
Offer more information: Please fell free to contact me for more information.

If your letter is making a suggestion:
Say you hope you have been helpful: I trust these suggestion have been useful.
offer more help: Please let me know if I can help any further.

RE: How to write a Letter - AVA - 29-03-2012

The body of the letter
Type of letter:

If your letter making a request ------> a) Introductory paragraph . b) explain the situation. c) details of your request. d). closing paragraph

If your letter is giving an apology
------> a) Introductory paragraph. b) explain why you must apologies. c) alternative plan ( if appropriate). c) closing paragraph

If your letter making a complaint
------> a) Introductory paragraph. b) explanation problem. c) say what you think
the addressee should do. d) closing paragraph

If your letter giving information: ------> a) introductory paragraph. b) information. c) offer more information ( if appropriate) d)closing paragraph

If your letter making a suggestions: ------> a) introductory paragraph. b) making first suggestion. b) provide an alternative to this suggestion or make a second suggestion. c) closing paragraph

When you write a letter using your plan, you should think about how to explain the points you have noted. For example, in the demonstration letter the writer is supposed to explain why he / she can not attend the meeting . instead of just saying that he / she has a test, the letter says what kind of test, why it is important, and how the writer tries to reschedule it.Moreover, it is better to suggest another date or some other solution

you should give information that is relevant and realistic. Remember also that you can not give too much information about any one point because you have to finish all the main points of the question.

RE: How to write a Letter - AVA - 30-03-2012

Appropriate Language

In English, there are certain standard words and phrases that can be used when you want to make a suggestion, request, complaint, and so on. These are called functions. You should learn some of the common functions. Some examples are featured below

Apology : A) Formal:1. I am terribly sorry, but .... 2) I am afraid of I ... 3) I must apologies about ( not) ____ ing
b) Less formal: 1) I am very sorry but.... 2) I am sorry about ( not) ____ ing

Complaint: A) Formal: 1)I must complain about ... 2) I am not satisfied with ... 3) I feel something should be done about ... B) Less formal : no informal forms.

Request : A Formal : 1) Could you please ... 2) Could you possibly ... 3) Would it be possible to ...4) I would be grateful if you would ...5) Would you mind ___ing ...6) I wonder if you could. B) Less formal : 1) Could you ... 2) Can you ... 3) I would like you to ... 4) Would you mind ___ing ...

Making suggestion :A)Formal: 1) I would like to suggest that ... 2) May I suggest that ... 3) Perhaps we could ... 3) Could you please ... B) Less formal : 1) How about ... 2) what about ... 3) why do not we ... 4) Let's ...

RE: How to write a Letter - AVA - 14-04-2012

The Next Step : Check your Writing for Mistakes

After you finish writing, you must then check your writing

Check the content
Is every thing you have written appropriate and relevant to the topic? When you checking, do not hesitate to erase or cross out words.

Check the language
Are your grammar and vocabulary appropriate and correct? You should know where your potential problems in grammar are.Keep are personal grammar check list. The check _ list includes the most common grammatical errors made bye applicants. You should use this reference to check your own letter:

Subject / verb agreement
Plurals
Subject / verb / object
Tenses
Modals
Word form
Possessives
Spelling, capitalization and Punctuation
Articles

In addition to the categories of mistakes mentioned in the check _ list, you should also make sure that you can use the following grammar points correctly

Pronoun
Connection words ( conjunctions)
Conditional sentences
Relative clauses
Prepositions

RE: How to write a Letter - Bahram - 07-12-2012

دوستان این جمله opening دقیقا چه معنی‌ میده و کاربردش در چه جور نامه نگاری هست؟

I hope this letter/email finds you well...