آکادمیا کافه
گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال - نسخه قابل چاپ

+- آکادمیا کافه (https://www.academiacafe.com/pf)
+-- انجمن: اطلاعات جانبی دریافت پذیرش (https://www.academiacafe.com/pf/Forum-%D8%A7%D8%B7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%A8%DB%8C-%D8%AF%D8%B1%DB%8C%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%AA-%D9%BE%D8%B0%DB%8C%D8%B1%D8%B4)
+--- انجمن: زبان‌های خارجی (https://www.academiacafe.com/pf/Forum-%D8%B2%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%86%E2%80%8C%D9%87%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D8%AE%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AC%DB%8C)
+---- انجمن: انگلیسی (https://www.academiacafe.com/pf/Forum-%D8%A7%D9%86%DA%AF%D9%84%DB%8C%D8%B3%DB%8C)
+---- موضوع: گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال (/Thread-%DA%AF%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%8C-%D9%84%D8%BA%D8%AA-%D8%B4%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%B3%DB%8C%D8%8C-%D8%AF%D8%B1%DA%A9-%D9%85%D8%B7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%8C-%D9%86%DA%AF%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B4-%D8%AE%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B5%D9%87-%DA%A9%D8%B1%D8%AF%D9%86-%D9%88-%D8%B2%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%86%DA%AF%D9%84%DB%8C%D8%B3%DB%8C-%D8%A8%D8%A7-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%87-%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D9%85%D8%AB%D8%A7%D9%84)

صفحات 1 2 3 4 5

RE: گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال - Matinking - 04-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 07:59 PM)shahraam نوشته:
We've had four reading comprehension exercises so far. I'd like to ask Matin and Simin who provided answers to those exercises to let us know which words, if any, they needed to look up in a dictionary. Thanks /0   

Hi

Adjective "freckled" was something new for me, whose meaning had not been implied from the context, leading to look it up

Best,
Matin

RE: گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال - shahraam - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 10:11 PM)Matinking نوشته:
Hi

Adjective "freckled" was something new for me, whose meaning had not been implied from the context, leading to look it up

Best,
Matin

Hi Matin

To reinforce the meaning of the word freckled, here is a picture of a beautiful and freckled girl Smile. /0

Thanks

RE: گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال - shahraam - 05-08-2016

This is how the Great Expectations  continues. I have attached the PDF file which is much easier to read. Please from now on, let us know which words , if any, you needed to look up in a dictionary in order to do the exercise. Thanks

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as
the river wound, twenty miles of the sea. My first most vivid
and broad impression of the identity of things seems to me to
have been gained on a memorable raw afternoon towards evening.
At such a time I found out for certain that this bleak place
overgrown with nettles was the churchyard; and that Philip
Pirrip, late of this parish, and also Georgiana wife of the above,
were dead and buried; and that Alexander, Bartholomew, Abraham,
Tobias, and Roger, infant children of the aforesaid, were
also dead and buried; and that the dark flat wilderness beyond
the churchyard, intersected with dikes and mounds and gates,
with scattered cattle feeding on it, was the marshes; and that
the low leaden line beyond was the river; and that the distant
savage lair from which the wind was rushing was the sea; and
that the small bundle of shivers growing afraid of it all and beginning
to cry, was Pip./0
“Hold your noise!” cried a terrible voice, as a man started up
from among the graves at the side of the church porch. “Keep
still, you little devil, or I’ll cut your throat!”/1
A fearful man, all in coarse gray, with a great iron on his leg.
A man with no hat, and with broken shoes, and with an old rag
tied round his head. A man who had been soaked in water, and
smothered in mud, and lamed by stones, and cut by flints, and
stung by nettles, and torn by briars; who limped, and shivered,
and glared, and growled; and whose teeth chattered in his
head as he seized me by the chin./2

a. what word would best replace the word ‘country’ in line 1?/3
I.state
II.village
III.land

b. The word ‘it’ in line12 refers to

I.churchyard
II.dikes
III.dark flat wilderness
IV.marshes
V.III and IV

c. Where were the wind blowing from, when Pip met the man in coarse gray?/4

d. Why did the man who Pip met limp?/5

RE: گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال - Matinking - 05-08-2016

(05-08-2016, 04:55 PM)shahraam نوشته:
This is how the Great Expectations  continues. I have attached the PDF file which is much easier to read. Please from now on, let us know which words , if any, you needed to look up in a dictionary in order to do the exercise. Thanks

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as
the river wound, twenty miles of the sea. My first most vivid
and broad impression of the identity of things seems to me to
have been gained on a memorable raw afternoon towards evening.
At such a time I found out for certain that this bleak place
overgrown with nettles was the churchyard; and that Philip
Pirrip, late of this parish, and also Georgiana wife of the above,
were dead and buried; and that Alexander, Bartholomew, Abraham,
Tobias, and Roger, infant children of the aforesaid, were
also dead and buried; and that the dark flat wilderness beyond
the churchyard, intersected with dikes and mounds and gates,
with scattered cattle feeding on it, was the marshes; and that
the low leaden line beyond was the river; and that the distant
savage lair from which the wind was rushing was the sea; and
that the small bundle of shivers growing afraid of it all and beginning
to cry, was Pip./0
“Hold your noise!” cried a terrible voice, as a man started up
from among the graves at the side of the church porch. “Keep
still, you little devil, or I’ll cut your throat!”/1
A fearful man, all in coarse gray, with a great iron on his leg.
A man with no hat, and with broken shoes, and with an old rag
tied round his head. A man who had been soaked in water, and
smothered in mud, and lamed by stones, and cut by flints, and
stung by nettles, and torn by briars; who limped, and shivered,
and glared, and growled; and whose teeth chattered in his
head as he seized me by the chin./2

a. what word would best replace the word ‘country’ in line 1?/3
I.state
II.village
III.land

b. The word ‘it’ in line12 refers to

I.churchyard
II.dikes
III.dark flat wilderness
IV.marshes
V.III and IV

c. Where were the wind blowing from, when Pip met the man in coarse gray?/4

d. Why did the man who Pip met limp?/5

Hi

a - village, as a pre-defined special regional zone

b- dark flat wilderness

c - The wind was rushing from the distant savage lair

d - Because a great piece of iron was dangling from his leg

Best,
Matin

RE: گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال - shahraam - 07-08-2016

(05-08-2016, 07:28 PM)Matinking نوشته:
Hi

b- dark flat wilderness

Best,
Matin
Hi Matin

Apparently Simin's thinking about c and d, so I'm going to give her some time before commenting on your answers. /0

a. Correct
b. The best answer is V, the dark flat wilderness beyond the churchyard which was the marshes
c,d. Later... Smile /1

Thanks

RE: گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال - shahraam - 07-08-2016

Please listen to the audio file and answer the questions based on what is stated or implied in it. Please listen to it without pausing it (but as many times as you like) and do not try to find the text of the conversations on the Internet or elsewhere because the whole point of the exercise is to help improve your listening comprehension skills. Thanks

a.What day was the flight on?/0

b.What could be seen from the aircraft windows just before the hostesses found out some passengers were ill?/1

How many people were not conscious when the hostesses found out about some passengers being sick?/2

Why were some of the passengers sick and others okay?/3

Why was the hostess unwilling to make an announcement in order to find out if someone on board was a pilot?/4

Audio file download link

Please listen to the audio file and answer the questions based on what is stated or implied in it. Please listen to it without pausing it (but as many times as you like) and do not try to find the text of the conversations on the Internet or elsewhere because the whole point of the exercise is to help improve your listening comprehension skills. Thanks

a. What day was the flight on?/0

b. What could be seen from the aircraft windows just before the hostesses found out some passengers were ill?/1

c. How many people were not conscious when the hostesses found out about some passengers being sick?/2

d. Why were some of the passengers sick and others okay?/3

e. Why was the hostess unwilling to make an announcement in order to find out if someone on board was a pilot?/4

Audio file download link

RE: گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال - shahraam - 08-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 06:18 PM)shahraam نوشته:

a. What day was the flight on?/0

b. What could be seen from the aircraft windows just before the hostesses found out some passengers were ill?/1

c. How many people were not conscious when the hostesses found out about some passengers being sick?/2

d. Why were some of the passengers sick and others okay?/3

e. Why was the hostess unwilling to make an announcement in order to find out if someone on board was a pilot?/4

Audio file download link
Simin sent me the following as her answers today. I'll comment on them later  Smile ./0

a. Christmas in 1959
b. Vast…australian deserts 
c. 2 passengers were unconscious 
d. Some passengers who ate beef were fine but some passengers who choose fish were ill 
e. Because it cause general panic 
f. He flew single engine-5 type plane 15 years ago. But that was 4 engins 

RE: گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال - shahraam - 09-08-2016

(05-08-2016, 07:28 PM)Matinking نوشته:
Hi

b- dark flat wilderness

Best,
Matin

c. The best answer is "the sea" , however, "the distant savage lair" is kind of okay too./0

d. Yes, but you could have added more details. Here is a possible answer: " The man had broken shoes, was lamed by stones, and had a great iron on his leg. No wonder he was limping./1

Thanks

RE: گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال - shahraam - 10-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 06:39 PM)shahraam نوشته:
Simin sent me the following as her answers today. I'll comment on them later  Smile ./0

a. Christmas in 1959
b. Vast…australian deserts 
c. 2 passengers were unconscious 
d. Some passengers who ate beef were fine but some passengers who choose fish were ill 
e. Because it cause general panic 
f. He flew single engine-5 type plane 15 years ago. But that was 4 engins 

Thank you Simin for taking the time to answer the questions. Here are my comments on your answers./00

a. Not exactly. It was Christmas Eve 1959. Christmas Eve is on December 24 and Christmas Day is on December 25./0

b. Very close but the correct answer is "The vast blackness of the Australian desert below"./1

c. Correct

d. Conceptually correct but with grammatical errors. The following is better./2
Some passengers who ate the beef were fine but others who chose the fish were ill./2

e. Again, conceptually correct but grammatically wrong. It should be changed to something like "Because it would have caused general panic"./3

f. There is no question f but anyways the sentence should be "He used to fly single-engine fighter planes 15 years ago but this was a commercial aircraft with four engines./4